Planning your VBS?
Approximately 1 Billion people live without access to clean water today, and we believe the global Church is the solution to this problem. Lack of clean water is the #1 health crisis facing the world today. In fact, more than 3.5 million people die every year from preventable water borne diseases - diarrhea, typhoid, and cholera - due to drinking contaminated water. Our imagination will not really allow us to embrace the enormity of the thought. While the numbers are staggering, the communities scattered, and water borne diseases rampant, at Neverthirst we believe there is a solution to the water crisis that can be implemented and maintained by local communities throughout the developing world...a solution that will save countless lives.
Since 2009, Neverthirst has completed over 2000 water projects providing over 300,000 people with access to clean water through local churches in India, South Sudan, Central African Republic, North Africa region, and Cambodia. We hope to provide an additional 350 communities with access to clean water, and would ask that you prayerfully consider partnering with Neverthirst to provide the poor throughout the world with access to our most basic physical need, CLEAN WATER.
It is a very simple process for your church to raise awareness for Neverthirst, along with raising money to help fund ongoing water projects, and we want to make it as easy as possible for you!
- Neverthirst will loan you various size pictures (20x30, 24x36, 16x20, etc) from the field and yellow "jerry" cans to set up around the church to remind attendees and members of their missional focus for the week.
- Neverthirst will provide you with a video showing the work we do to share with your congregation on the Sunday before VBS or one night during the week so that you and your leaders can inform the church of your missional focus and goal for the week.
- Neverthirst will provide you with informative brochures to send home with the kids during the week and to have available in your church throughout the week.
- Neverthirst will provide you with "Neverthirst" bracelets for you to give to all your attendees.
- Neverthirst will attempt to send someone to share about our mission and to address the church as a whole or just your leaders and the attendees of VBS at some point during the week if you so desire.
- Grade specific buckets were placed in the common meeting area where kids and family could put their money each day.
- The money was counted each day, and the grade that raised the most that day received prizes (candy, etc).
- The leaders talked about the progress toward the goal during closing each day to motivate the children to participate.
- A "Jerry Can" image was drawn and used as you would the fundraising "thermometer", a "wishing well" was built out of construction paper etc for kids to drop money in, etc.
- Hosted a LemonAID stand and handed out the information Neverthirst supplied.
- Have a fundraising cookout for lunch or dinner one night during VBS or another time during the summer.
We want to make this process as simple as possible for you and your church! We know that weeks upon weeks go into making VBS a successful event, so our goal is to not add any sort of burden to your tireless efforts.
If you are interested in references for how we have done this in the past, you are welcome to contact:
Raleigh Macoy - Briarwood Presbyterian Church - RMacoy@briarwood.org
Blake Kersey - First Baptist Church of Trussville - email@example.com
Krista Surtees - Shades Crest Baptist Church - firstname.lastname@example.org
I am happy to connect with you in person or on a call to discuss more about how we could partner together, answer any questions you may have, or make this process simpler and more appealing. Feel free to contact Brandon Gossett at email@example.com or 205.991.7757 if you'd like to learn more.
Thank you in advance for your consideration.